Friday, February 7, 2014

Matchsticks

Your presence is no mystery
Though with My eyes I cannot see
I see your works like wind moves trees
The rush of rain, the roaring seas
You fall on me like rays of sun
You're everywhere for everyone
But then my hands become like ice
I've turned to things that won't suffice
I grab a match to warm a face
Dropping candles as I race
Towards the things that please me most
Silencing the Holy Ghost
I pass the Son for a matchstick
Turn from God for wax and wick
A moment they burn and then go out
Dark and cold, but what's that shout?
He's still there though I closed my eyes
The eternal truth that stamps out lies
The coldness I may feel some days
Are representing my own ways
He calls me back, the warmth returns
A little wiser, a lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment