Friday, August 13, 2021

My Unknowns

 

Laying in my bed

My love by my side

Remembering tears

I'd shed like the tide

Dreams couldn't capture

The life I have now

I wish I knew then

Oh, the blessings, just how

If I had trusted

Patiently waited

The tears I'd have saved

Not feeling jaded

The timing in life

The best kind that is

Certainly not mine

Definitely His

Rocking my baby

While I hold him tight

I wish I had known

It'd all be alright

But if I had known

The blessings in store

The hardships as well

Would I still want more?

We're only given

Enough for today

For each little step

Each breath on the way

Beyond that is what

To God only known

It's what we call faith

Blessing all its own

Trusting in Him

Through each little tear

Through all the unknown

Casting out all fear

The blessings around me

Are all the more sweet

With all my unknowns

At the Savior's feet

No comments:

Post a Comment