Friday, May 30, 2014

Curiosity Part Sixteen

I gathered my things and walked quickly out the door and locked it behind me.  I hurried to my car and also locked that door behind me the moment I settled inside the vehicle.  Reality was crushing me and I wasn’t sure what to do.  I’d asked myself enough questions and pondered my situation for far too long.  If the answers were waiting for me on the corner of Carlson and Fort it only made sense that I would go.  If I had any more time I would have called my brother and had him wait down the street, but I had just ten minutes to find my destination.  Kent seemed like a nice guy.  Perhaps his kindness seemed more so in contrast to his fellow coworkers but I still felt like I wouldn’t be in danger if I met him there.  Besides, it was a public street corner and if anything happened I could always whip out my paper spray or scream bloody murder.
            My GPS revealed that I need only drive two blocks over and in the space of three minutes I was there.  I parked a little further down from the corner but within eyesight.  The corner was absent of Kent but I waited there anyway.  A few minutes passed and five fifteen was upon me.  And just like my alarm waking me from a deep sleep I noticed all the people in suits that were walking by.  I became so self conscious of how out in the open I was that I felt a sudden urge to run to my car.  My eyes darted from person to person and my heart began to pound.  This is a bad idea, I thought.
            “Oh crap,” I whispered.  “What have I done?”
            In the time it takes for someone to realize their mistake and then act on it, it was in those few moments when my guard was down, that he came up from behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment