Thursday, April 10, 2014

Curiosity Part Nine

It’s hard to evaluate something when you see very little of it.  I could not make any kind of assumption based on the employees when I rarely saw them.  My little experiment did help me realize that not all of them were stuck up and that some would be nice to me, if they could.  The question now that plagued me was why was verbal communication literally frowned upon?  What line of work disapproves of being friendly with the receptionist?  That would have been really nice to know when accepting the job.  Oh, yeah, by the way, no one will ever speak to you.  So if you’re a people person, expect disappointment. 
            But it was more than that.  I put my head on the desk and thought back to Bert’s warnings.  Those were sincere.  He said to be careful and not be too curious.  Being the king of vague, he would never say anything more. 
It was three in the afternoon and I hadn’t seen a delivery man all day.  It very seldom happened that there would be no packages or mail.  It might have occurred once or twice before in the short time I had been working there.  I decided it was time to try my detective skills.
            My eyes grazed the room that confined me.  What more was there to investigate?  There was no mail to poke through, no packages to peek in and no delivery men to interrogate.  Had I reached my dead end?  Something fishy was going on in this building and I needed to know what it was!  For my own sanity, I was desperate for some drop of information that might possibly eventually lead me towards a shred of a clue as to what was going on.
            My head found the table top again and I sighed aloud.  It was then that the door opened.

No comments:

Post a Comment